Tuesday 25 June 2019
The 2020 Paris Motor Show, which will take place from Thursday 1st October through Sunday 11th October, will offer visitors a revamped experience. Beyond the Porte de Versailles, a truly central location, Paris itself will become the setting for this 2020 edition thanks to events packed with content:
The 2020 edition will continue to expand the transformation begun in 2018. It will use festival-style scheduling. Participants will be able to build a personalised itinerary using an innovative mobile app.
For two weeks, Paris will thus play host to all the major actors from the worlds of automotives, motorbikes and mobility, offering excitement for everyone from engine-lovers (whether on 2/3 or 4 wheels) to new fans of alternative mobility solutions.
The 2020 Paris Motor Show will be open to the public from 1st October to 11th October 2020.
The Press Days will be Tuesday 29th September and Wednesday 30th September.
- Porte de Versailles: The MOTOR SHOW as a major event
At the Porte de Versailles Parc des Expositions, the Motor Show will host Automotive and Motorbike exhibitions, offering its visitors denser content and new events for an optimal visit experience:
- themed itineraries
- press conferences and various product presentations primarily concentrated at the “Dôme de Paris”
- a more functional organisation of the test drive centres (shared and single-brand centres)
- varied food options (food trucks) and social spaces for a more comfortable visit.
- Festive events will be organised for all ages: concerts, shows, talks, fun workshops.
This new Motor Show will strengthen the relationship between the trade show and its enthusiastic attendees.
- MOVIN’ON PARIS 2020: In 2020 the Motor Show will rely on the Movin’On ecosystem to consolidate the industry's efforts around sustainable mobility.
Originally created and inspired by Michelin, over the last three years Movin’On has proven itself to be the premier global ecosystem focused on sustainable mobility. Bringing together major businesses, start-ups, academics and public figures, NGOs and international organisation, Movin’On seeks to meet the challenges of sustainable mobility by moving from ambitions to actions, encouraging the implementation of practical solutions. Each year the Movin’On Summit, organised by the Montreal business C2 and functioning as the focal point of this ecosystem, gathers more than 5000 professionals in Montreal, Canada.
In the specific context of the 2020 Motor Show, Movin’On will rely on its experience and its unique network of partners in the field of sustainable mobility to encourage discussions and bring together initiatives by the major players and professionals of the sector, in order to support the development of automotive mobility while reducing its environmental impact.
This aspect of the show will involve the active participation of many players from this international network. Global leaders from the world of research, the public sphere, businesses, start-ups and private citizens will meet to create high-level, inspiring international talks; experimental brainstorming sessions, practical and interactive workshops and focused meet-ups under the auspices of the Movin’On organisational teams. This approach will be further enriched by artistic performances and demonstrations of innovative mobility solutions open to the general public:
- The expanded Motor Show: A festival without walls, in search of new audiences
At the Porte de Versailles and other sites, this 2020 edition will go in search of communities of automobile, motorbike and mobility enthusiasts and professionals, by offering them exciting side events:
- Test & Drive centres for vehicles and new mobility solution experiments
- self-driving vehicle demonstrations
- an event based around fashion and design connected with Paris Fashion Week: “FASHION & MOTION”
- an event aimed at women, in the footsteps of “Mondial Women 2018”
- a luxurious diner at the Grand Palais, sponsored by a major media company (Saturday 26th September)
- an event dedicated to training and recruitment in the automotive and mobility industries
- the hosting of the FISITA World Mobility Summit, an annual global meeting of leading automotive companies under the aegis of the International Federation of Automotive Engineering Societies. After having taken place in Shanghai (China) in 2017 and Nagoya (Japan) in 2019, this event will host representatives from 120 nations.
This 2020 edition will also be a major celebration of the automotive, motorbike and mobility industries, bringing together diverse communities and a larger audience.